Posted on June 26 2015
The Pan-Am Games, hosted by Toronto, are fast approaching! Taking place July 10th-26th, they will bring together roughly 7,000 athletes from across North, Central and South America in 36 sports. Yo Sox™ has made a Pan-Am bucket list with a few of our favorite activities for the games; how many can you check off?
- Recreate “Drake Night”: For those of you who missed the Raptors this season, many of the players, including Andrew Wiggins, will be playing in the Pan Am Games representing Canada in basketball. Who knows, maybe Drizzy Drake will make an appearance.
- Do Your Part: Toronto is not known for its stellar motorways and the large influx of people is only going to make matters worse. Make sure you use public transit and carpooling to help the problem, as well as the environment!
- Discover a New Sport: Go watch a sport you’ve never heard of before! Might we recommend, rhythmic gymnastics? Ticket are as little as $20 and we promise you’ll be impressed…and maybe in pain from looking at how flexible these girls are.
Photo by Gymwizard
- “Collect” a limited edition souvenir: Toronto has released limited edition condoms for the games featuring tongue-in cheek slogans that will be sold is visitor information centers.
- Watch a Canadian Classic: Field hockey is basically like hockey right?
- Check Out A New Part of Toronto: Queens Quay has been completely remodeled in lieu of the games and is definitely worth seeing. With a renovated boardwalk along the harbour front, new cycling paths and plenty of restaurants and bars, it’s the perfect place for a post-game date. You can also watch the sailing competition from there…for FREE!
Photo by Urban Toronto
- Pick-up an Athlete: Now this may seem difficult, but Yo Sox™ is here to help: The athlete village is very close to the famous Distillary District. So there’s a good chance that if you go to The Mill Street Brewery you might run into a gold medalist, but we mean silver works too.
- Cheer Really Loud: No matter what sport you watch, if you haven’t lost your voice by the end, you’re doing wrong.
- Don’t Forget the Parapan-Am Games: The Parapan-Am Games are happening from August 7th-15th and are definitely not to be missed.
- Put Your Most Athletic Foot Forward: Just in time for the games, Yo Sox™ has just released a new pair of athletic socks that can be enjoyed by athletes and spectators alike. GO TEAM!