Posted on November 20 2015
The colder fall days are here and Old Man Winter is going to be paying us a visit pretty soon. This can be a problem for breakfast lovers, especially the Yo Sox team who loves going for weekend brunch and catching up with friends and indulging in our favorite breakfast comfort foods.
So in order to still enjoy breakfast despite the cold, we have found an amazing breakfast idea to enjoy in the warmth of your home with the company of friends, inspired by our Yo Sox breakfast socks!
Banana pancakes with crispy bacon and syrup
(Recipe courtesy of Food.com)
Treat yourself to a lazy brunch with these American-style fluffy pancakes with bacon and maple drizzle--it is the perfect combination of savoury and sweet!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups bananas, ripe, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well.
- Combine buttermilk, oil, vanilla and egg in a small bowl; mix well.
- Add to flour mixture, stirring until smooth.
- Fold in banana and bacon.
- Spoon about 1/3 C batter for each pancake onto hot greased nonstick griddle.
- Turn pancakes when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.
- Garnish with extra bacon if desired and top with warm syrup.
And of course to make this breakfast even better, Yo Sox recommends wearing a pair of our awesome socks in one of our fun breakfast designs to really get the party going!